Xavier Querol, a research professor at IDAEA-CSIC and member of our external committee, has received the National Award 'Alejandro Malaspina', in the area of natural Resources Science and Technology, 'for his leadership in developing technologies, methodologies, models and scientific contributions to understand the importance of aerosols and their interaction with pollutants and human health, translating the scientific knowledge he has developed into policies that ensure the public health and ecosystem health.
These awards, granted by the Ministry of Science and Innovation, have been given since 1982, but this is the first time that all 10 modalities are considered in the same candidacy.
This is the list of winners of the other modalities:
- National Award "Santiago Ramón y Cajal" in the area of Biology granted to Francisco Sánchez Madrid, Professor of Immunology at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- National Award "Ramón Menéndez Pidal" in the area of Humanities granted to Susana E. Narotzky Molleda, Professor of Social Anthropology at the University of Barcelona.
- National Award "Leonardo Torres Quevedo" in the area of Engineering granted to José Capmany Francoy, Professor of Systems and Optical Communications Networks at the Polytechnic University of Valencia.
- National Award “Gregorio Marañón" in the area of Medicine, awarded to Elías Campo Guerri, Professor of Pathology at the University of Barcelona.
- National Award "Enrique Moles" in the area of Chemical Science and Technology granted to Nazario Martín León, Professor of Organic Chemistry at the Complutense University of Madrid and Deputy Director of the IMDEA-Nanoscience Institute of the Community of Madrid.
- National Award "Julio Rey Pastor" in the area of Mathematics and Information and Communication Technologies granted to Carme Torras Genis, CSIC Research Professor at the Institute of Robotics and Industrial Computing, a joint center of the CSIC and the UPC.
- National Award “Juan de la Cierva" in the area of Technology Transfer granted to Laura M. Lechuga Gómez, CSIC Research Professor at the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, mixed center GENCAT-CSIC-UAB.
- National Award "Blas Cabrera" in the area of Physical, Materials and earth Sciences granted to Luis Ibáñez Santiago, professor at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and director of the Institute of Theoretical Physics, mixed center UAM-CSIC.
- National Award "Pascual Madoz" in the area of Law and Economic and Social Sciences granted to Xavier Vives Torrens, professor of Economics and Finance at IESE Business School.
Original article in ciencia.gob.es, 13/11/2020.
Image from ciencia.gob.esRelated article: CSIC