Last September was published the resolution of the grants for "R+D+i Projects" oriented to the Challenges of Society awarded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation.
In particular, 5 research groups of CICA have achieved that their projects are funded in this call totaling more than 600 thousand euros. The beneficiaries are the following:
The 5 projects will receive their corresponding funding over 4 years until August-December 2024.
- Vanessa Valdiglesias (NANOTOXGEN) will receive 96,800€ for her project "Risk assessment associated with exposure to nanomaterials: in vitro, in vivo and in silico toxicological strategies (NanoAssess)".
- Jesús Mosquera (NANOSELF) together with Miguel Martínez Calvo (USC researcher and former member of the REACT! group) will receive 84.700€ for their project "Supramolecular polymers as templates for the synthesis of chiral plasmonic nanoparticles (SupraPolyNano)".
- Christian Kennes (BIOENGIN) will receive 249,260€ for his project "Sustainable biorefinery processes for the production of biofuels, biopolymers and other bioproducts through the carboxylate platform".
- José Luis Barriada (METMED) will receive 96,800€ for his project "Extraction and characterization of dissolved organic matter from different terrestrial, fluvial and coastal environments, with relevance for the bioavailability of nutrients and contaminants (EsDOM)".
- Blanca Laffon (DICOMOSA) together with Laura Lorenzo (UDC researcher) will receive 78,650€ for their project "Identification of risk factors and biomarkers of vulnerability to cognitive and physical deterioration in aging (AGECOG-SPUK)".